First of all, Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes, may I precise, are NOT vegetable-filled chocolate cupcakes. Seriously people, vegans do not only eat vegetables.
You must try this recipe, it’s amazing and full of chocolate goodness. I think this one of the few chocolate cake recipes that you can eat without feeling that you sold your stomach to the ‘fat devil’.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Iron & Wine Yes, I just put Iron & Wine and Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes in the same post – not just because I can – but because really, listening to Iron & Wine while eating chocolate is epicness.If you don’t know this amazing one-man band, you MUST immediately go look him up on Youtube. Sam Beam is an amazing folk singer and guitarist with the most EPIC beard. I LOVE this guy. Some of my friends think that he sounds like he’s singing in his huge beard, but I just think he’s adorable. Very few people have this effect on me (though nobody can top the Beatles).
Here are a few of my Iron & Wine favorites:
-Waiting for a Superman
-Each Coming Night
-Flightless Bird/American Mouth
-Naked as We Came
-Boy With a Coin
His voice is just amazing as his guitar picking and his beard. You shall fall in love.