So… I’ve just been nominated for the Liebster Award by fellow awesome blogger Smellslikestrawberries. First of all, thank you very much for taking the time to nominate me, which means you’ve read my blog, which means you’re awesome.
Before I do anything, let me just say, that because new bloggers get discovered and end up creating interesting networks, the Liebster award is a really cool idea. Also, why “liebster” ? Doesn’t it mean “beloved” in German ?
Rules: Thank the blogger who nominates you, post a link to their blog, display the Liebster award (above), provide 11 random facts about yourself, answer 11 questions your nominator asked you, nominate a bunch of other cool blogs, and then inform them that you’ve nominated them. (Or click here for a better explanation.)
So as the rules say, I have answered SmellslikeStrawberries questions:
1) When and why did you start blogging? The last week of my senior year. My Philosophy teacher at the time suggested that one of my classmates should blog if she wanted to work in fashion. I said I love to write, so I want to blog also. Philosophy teacher told me to pass my exams before I even think about blogging. So I did pass, with honors and started my blog. Thank you Madame de Marigny, you sour woman.
2) Pick three things/people to bring with you if you were to be stranded on an island. Paul McCartney, my sister Safiya and a boat. That way I can chill with two of my favorite people and then get out of there.
3) Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? Married with two kids, living somewhere exotic, teaching English at an international school.
4) What is the thing you love the most? Honestly, my family.
5) If you knew everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit? I’d be so busy ugly-crying and having panic attacks that I’d probably die before visiting anyone.
6) What was the last lie you told? “No, I didn’t fart.”
7) If you could be a celebrity for one day who would you choose to be? Beyoncé !
8) If you could be any age for a week, what age would you be? 11 years old so I can apologize to everyone who ever knew me (I was really annoying).
9) If you could erase one disaster/war that happened in the world which would it be? It wouldn’t be fair to choose one war… But in terms of disaster, I would erase John Lennon’s death. That’s a disaster.
10) Three words you would use to describe your blog. Random, creative, Beatles-related (there’s a hyphen, that’s one word!)
11) Complete the sentence: Is it… Is it possible for someone to send me a box of Lucky Charms cereal ?
And here are 11 random facts about me:
1) I love seafood but hate fish.
2) I’ve been to 10 different schools in five countries.
3) I can recognize the first SECOND of a Beatles song, which Beatle is singing the lead and which ones are singing back-up.
4) If I could be anybody (fictional or real), I’d be: Beyoncé, Zooey Deschanel, Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) or Helena Peabody (The L Word).
5) I can’t play any sport to save my life.
6) I don’t understand people who hold grudges.
7) I have never had an English teacher who liked me, though ironically, I am an English teacher.
8) Even though I’m right-handed, I use my fork with my right hand (which is wrong apparently).
9) When I was in preschool, there was this metal trapeze thing on the playground that I used to swing on. This kid called John decided to stand in front of me as I swung, and I hit him in the head. He had to get stitches and then he never wanted to play with me again.
10) I am terrified of the sea, the deep end of pools or any body of water that reaches above my belly button. Because of the Lach Ness monster. I swear.
11) I believe that everything happens for a reason. Whenever I have a bad day, I know it’s because something amazing is about to happen to me.
Get to know me more by clicking on my Random Facts about Me page !
And now… I nominate the eight following blogs:
For you lucky bloggers I’ve just nominated, I would like you to answer the questions I answered above ! So I’m lazy, sue me. Don’t forget to comment on this article with a link to your Liebster Award post!